Monday, October 26, 2009

Riding The Ganges

Rishikesh Temple TourHaridwar, Religious Tours India

I left the train and bid Garima farewell as she met her uncle on the platform. The station was not nearly as overcrowded as the LP had stated. And only a few people came up to me offering hotels and cheap rides. No sign of my hotel guy though. I tried giving the hotel a quick call before heading out just as Roberto and Gillian, the Italian’s, showed up. This coincided with a short shaven headed man called Raja introducing himself to me, he was indeed from my hotel, the Sai Kripa.

We all bundled into Raja’s little white car and drove the short distance to the Sai Kripa Hotel. The hotel was simple, friendly and quiet nice. At only 300 Rupees per night we were all quite happy to stay there. I had a shower and joined the Italians on the roof for breakfast.

The view was at first a little disappointing. There is the distance was hazy inkling of what might have been the Sacred Ganges River. It turned out it was a good thing the river was not so close by. Raja offered to take me on a free tour of the river. Free was the word I liked there.

I was a little skeptical over this free tour, it seemed a bit to good to be true. But once we headed down towards the river I was impressed with Raja’s knowledge of the Ganges. The streets were surprisingly quiet, and I was beginning to wonder if the LP writer had been here at all.

posted by Indian Religious @ 9:34 PM  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home